This IFST accredited two-day (in-person) training course, hosted at our Nottingham offices, will cover how the human senses make measurements, the contents of the sensory tool box, how to select and train the right people of each test and how to set up, run and analyse the right test for your objective.
- Cost: £650 +VAT (Early bird rate of £575 + VAT available if booked before 31st August 2022).
Please email our team for to register your place: [email protected].
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone starting out in their sensory career or wanting to take a refresher course in the fundamentals of sensory science.
- Sensory Analysts and Panel Leaders
- Consumer researchers and marketers who commission sensory testing for product insight
- Department Managers or Team Leaders with responsibility for a sensory facility
During this training course, theory will be reinforced with practical activity using a variety of different sample types. You will be guided through the process from the perspective of a panellist generating data as well as a researcher learning how to analyse and interpret that data. Using this 360° approach, you will gain insight into the benefits and disadvantages of each technique.
The training program will be split into modules, each focusing on a specific subject area with defined learning outcomes. Practical activities will incorporate a variety of relevant product examples underpinning the content of the modules delivered.
- Introduction to Sensory Science
- The human senses and perception
- Introduction to Sensory Methodologies
- Discrimination testing
- Descriptive tests
- Recruiting and screening panelists
- QDA Methodology
- Hedonic/Affective Tests
- Controlling variation between panelists
- Controlling the test environment
- Controlling samples
IFST Examination for Foundation Certificate
Delegates will have the opportunity to take the IFST Foundation Certificate in Sensory Science examination at the end of the course.
For more information or to register your place email us at [email protected]