Finding the Sweet Spot
- To re-invigorate the flavour and texture of a well-known fruit chew whilst retaining its core sensory signature and differentiation from the competition.
- We defined the Sensory Fingerprint of the chew, test prototypes and competitors. After Consumer Product Testing, we used OptiMap+TM to define the Drivers of Liking for heavy and light users of the brand.
- The resulting predictive model showed the NPD technologist how to manipulate the flavour and texture attributes of the chew to increase its appeal.
- OptiMap+TM revealed the sensory changes needed to maximise appeal of the chew whilst both retaining its core market and attracting new users.
- The predictive model meant that the consumer reation to further development prototypes could be predicted from the Sensory Fingerprinting reducing time and the cost to launch.