IFST SSG Mini Conference
Changing Perspectives in Sensory Science – Past, Present & Future
SSG Conference Thursday 7th March, University of Reading
Save the date and join us on 7 March 2019 at University of Reading for a mini-conference to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the IFST Sensory Science Group (previously known as the PFSG).
This one-day interactive conference will focus on the history and current status of sensory science and what sensory science needs to deliver for the future.
- Hal MacFie, Hal MacFie training Services
- Carey Jewitt, Director UCL Knowledge Lab
- Margaret Everitt, past Chairman of the PFSG
The event will comprise presentations, workshops and hands-on prototype/mood board activity
The SSG Conference is essential for Sensory and Consumer scientists who want to stay up to date with the latest developments in their field and provides a great networking opportunity.
- 09:30 – 10:00 Registration and Refreshments
- 10:00 – 10:15 Introduction - Stephanie Mitchell, IFST Sensory Science Group Chair
- 10:15 – 10:35 Who’d be a Sensory Scientist?! - Margaret Everitt, B.Sc., F.I.S.T
- 10:35 – 11:20 Sensory Science has got to move on! - Dr Hal MacFie, Consultant, Hal MacFie Training Services
- 11:20 – 11:50 What Industry Needs from Sensory Science for the Future Speaker - TBC
- 11:50 – 12:00 Break
- 12:00 - 13:15 Researching Sensorial Futures - Carey Jewitt, Professor of Digital Technology & Director UCL Knowledge Lab
- 13:15 – 13:30 Closing Remarks
- 13:30 - 15:00 Networking and Lunch Reception