It's been a fantastic week… it's all been about Qual with groups running at our centres in Reading and Nottingham where we've been exploring the complexities of Nutrition and Emotions. We can't say much about the outcomes but it has given us a chance to reflect on the enormous value of talking directly to your consumer when trying to build a successful brand. We have listed 7 ways in which we think Qualitative Research can make this happen:
- 1. Have fun with Creative Lead User and Consumer co-creation groups and come up with new concepts and ideas for brand extensions.
- 2. Refine your ideas to a product brief, through skilled moderation, identifying the sensory characteristics that will make your brand a winner.
- 3. Explore the consumers' emotional connection with your brand, packaging and product attributes, and identify their unfulfilled needs to create new product opportunities
- 4. Learn, through Ethnographic interviewing techniques, how consumers use your products at home.
- 5. Identify, through Napping techniques, how your customers group products based on specific criteria, for example, their sensory qualities, brand image or product usage.
- 6. Generate, through the Repertory Grid method, the ‘real' language that consumers use to describe your sector, thereby ensuring that your advertising and marketing communicates are spot on.
- 7. Uncover, through Laddering interviews, how your product attributes are fundamentally related to your customers core values and beliefs.
We are really excited about Qual at Sensory Dimensions and would love to share our enthusiasm with you.
It would be great if you would like to visit to see our facilities and meet the team, if so please Contact Us.